Posts Tagged ‘healthy’
Did you know...eggs were shunned for several decades by practitioners, due to the incorrect belief that they are a high-cholesterol food that causes heart disease? Even my Dad has been urged by his doctors to stay away from eggs in fear that they may raise his cholesterol more...yet research in the [...]
I've had one of those weekends. You know, the kind where nothing is planned, and you can literally lay around all weekend in your pajamas? I've come to love these weekends. (more...)[...]
I’m always trying to come up with new ideas for quick and cheap, but healthy dinners. For the nights I am stuck working late, its nice to look forward to something that is delicious, but can also be thrown together within minutes. As I’ve mentioned before, my husband is a pizza guy… [...]
Apples just remind me of fall. After living in the "Apple Capital of the World", I can say I have grown to love all varieties of apples, and drawn to anything with this pectin-filled ingredient. [...]
In eating low-carb, paleo “ish”, the hardest meal of the day for me is often breakfast. This may be because there’s only really one “breakfast” food, that is low-carb and a whole food…the egg. [...]
One of my favorite things to do with recipes is to re-vamp them, cut calories, and make them healthier, lighter and "cleaner". When I see a recipe to try, my first thought is what ingredients can I swap out, switch up, or change to make it more Healthy Housewife-esque.. [...]
- Plugin by Blogsessive
- Lauren: Congratulations!:) I check your blog from time to time and I really enjoy it.
- Staci: By the way, these have become my staple for bringing to potlucks, they’re tasty and rich and I’ve...
- Christina: Wow! These sound so delicious. Gluten free is an added plus in my book. I am always looking for GF recipes...
- zephra milde: Does anyone think these could be made without egg whites? Maybe flaxseed eggs instead? Any other...
- Danielle: How to you “slice them” I am terrible at cutting them into thin slices. They are so tough to...