Archive for the ‘Breakfast’ Category
Did you know...eggs were shunned for several decades by practitioners, due to the incorrect belief that they are a high-cholesterol food that causes heart disease? Even my Dad has been urged by his doctors to stay away from eggs in fear that they may raise his cholesterol more...yet research in the [...]
Remember my recipe for homeade granola? Well last week I got a request for a healthy granola bar recipe. My immediate thought?Why not make my favorite granola into bars that can serve as a great snack on the run? [...]
The other day, towards the end of my long Sunday morning run, I started thinking about what I wanted for breakfast (which leads me to wonder whether I run to eat, or eat to run?) I started thinking through some of the usuals: protein shake, eggs, yogurt and granola, but nothing seemed too exciting. [...]
In eating low-carb, paleo “ish”, the hardest meal of the day for me is often breakfast. This may be because there’s only really one “breakfast” food, that is low-carb and a whole food…the egg. [...]
Want to know a secret? Ok its not really a secret, but the husband and I dream about starting a smoothie shop.Call us dorky, nerdy, or foodie, but we do. In our opinion, they are never in convenient locations, like on your way to the beach. [...]
I would say fall is in the air...but evidently I either 1) missed fall, or 2) have mistaken the temperature for what seems like it should be winter. Either way, winter is in fulllll swing here in Wenatchee in my opinion. I woke up yesterday morning to snow on the tips of the mountains, and this morn [...]
- Plugin by Blogsessive
- Lauren: Congratulations!:) I check your blog from time to time and I really enjoy it.
- Staci: By the way, these have become my staple for bringing to potlucks, they’re tasty and rich and I’ve...
- Christina: Wow! These sound so delicious. Gluten free is an added plus in my book. I am always looking for GF recipes...
- zephra milde: Does anyone think these could be made without egg whites? Maybe flaxseed eggs instead? Any other...
- Danielle: How to you “slice them” I am terrible at cutting them into thin slices. They are so tough to...