The easiest salad you’ll ever make.
Several years ago, a long time friend taught me how to make this salad. Its the easiest salad you’ll ever make, yet is flavorful, and full of healthy greens and nutrients.
Our friend makes this salad to go with dinner every night for her family. Its a great way to start a meal- fill up on the healthy stuff first, then eat less of the rest!
Olive oil-protects against heart disease, can lower blood pressure, rich in polyphenols which act as antioxidants and anti-inflammatory.
Romaine Lettuce- high in vitamin A, vitamin K, folate, and vitamin C and a good source of fiber and minerals.
This salad combines my favorite flavors- garlic, feta and olive oil. MMM. In my opinion, olive oil is the best dressing, as its natural and doesn’t have all those added ingredients that most other dressings have.. And because this salad is so simple, you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry already!
Try making this salad tonight with dinner…you just might have to make it a nightly staple.
6 cups Romaine lettuce (or greens of your choice)
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp dried oregano
Pinch of sea salt
Extra Virgin Olive oil
In a large bowl, toss lettuce with dry ingredients. Then drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with feta and toss to coat! Enjoy!
*I add in onions and celery, but you can add any veggies you like!
RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Leave a Reply
- Plugin by Blogsessive
- Lauren: Congratulations!:) I check your blog from time to time and I really enjoy it.
- Staci: By the way, these have become my staple for bringing to potlucks, they’re tasty and rich and I’ve...
- Christina: Wow! These sound so delicious. Gluten free is an added plus in my book. I am always looking for GF recipes...
- zephra milde: Does anyone think these could be made without egg whites? Maybe flaxseed eggs instead? Any other...
- Danielle: How to you “slice them” I am terrible at cutting them into thin slices. They are so tough to...