I’m an almond freak. I could literally sit down and eat a pound of almonds. I know, not the most caloric-conscious choice, right?
But despite the high fat and calorie content of almonds, and other nuts, their nutritional benefits far outweigh the calories! In fact, certain studies have shown that almonds and other “Mediterranean” type foods help in achieving a flatter stomach. I personally love them because just a small handful is packed with protein that will keep you satisfied for a few hours.
Almonds- rich in heart healthy monosaturated fats, can lower blood pressure, aids in balancing blood sugar levels, and rich in antioxidants.
Rosemary-stimulates the immune system, improves digestion, increases circulation, and has anti-inflammatory properties
How do I eat them? I like roasted with sea salt, dry roasted, the ultimate “raw”, or like these- Spiced. This recipe would be perfect to put out as a snack at your holiday party…or just to keep around the house for personal healthy snacking.
Try these Spiced Almonds..they’re super easy, but beyond scrumptious, and oh so fragrant!
1 pound raw almonds
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread almonds evenly on baking sheet, and bake for 8-10 minutes, until they begin to brown. Remove from oven and combine warm nuts with remaining ingredients. Stir to evenly coat. Enjoy!
RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Leave a Reply
- Plugin by Blogsessive
- Lauren: Congratulations!:) I check your blog from time to time and I really enjoy it.
- Staci: By the way, these have become my staple for bringing to potlucks, they’re tasty and rich and I’ve...
- Christina: Wow! These sound so delicious. Gluten free is an added plus in my book. I am always looking for GF recipes...
- zephra milde: Does anyone think these could be made without egg whites? Maybe flaxseed eggs instead? Any other...
- Danielle: How to you “slice them” I am terrible at cutting them into thin slices. They are so tough to...