Between 8 new clients, end of the month paperwork, and throwing a bridal shower at Cassis American Brasserie- I have a crazy week ahead! Doesn’t sound like the wife of a housewife very much does it?
So here is just a quick post on some yummy paleo cookies I made last week. Remember my post on the paleo diet? Its basically a diet devoted to sticking to lean meats, vegetables, fruits, and nuts, while nixing grains and processed foods. Sounds scary right? Probably, until you see the vast amount of creative and scrumptious recipes that are out there!
Dark Chocolate-not healthy in large amounts, but in comparison to regular chocolate, the less processed dark chocolate is low in sugar, contains antioxidants, and contains the good fats: oleic and linoleic acid.
Almond Butter- rich in heart healthy monosaturated fats, can lower blood pressure, aids in balancing blood sugar levels, and rich in antioxidants.
Craving something sweet? You probably have all the ingredients for these cookies on hand! And fast? You can whip them up in just a few minutes! Perfect for that “I-need-something-sweet-after-dinner” craving.
Go make these cookies now! …but try not to eat them all
Paleo Chocolate Cookies
1 c almond butter
1/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup honey (or stevia if not paleo)
Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Press down slightly on cookies to flatten out. Bake for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
22 Responses to “Paleo Cookies”
Leave a Reply
- Plugin by Blogsessive
- Lauren: Congratulations!:) I check your blog from time to time and I really enjoy it.
- Staci: By the way, these have become my staple for bringing to potlucks, they’re tasty and rich and I’ve...
- Christina: Wow! These sound so delicious. Gluten free is an added plus in my book. I am always looking for GF recipes...
- zephra milde: Does anyone think these could be made without egg whites? Maybe flaxseed eggs instead? Any other...
- Danielle: How to you “slice them” I am terrible at cutting them into thin slices. They are so tough to...