Jamba Juice Withdrawals
Want to know a secret? Ok its not really a secret, but the husband and I dream about starting a smoothie shop.Call us dorky, nerdy, or foodie, but we do. In our opinion, they are never in convenient locations, like on your way to the beach.
My husband and I used to get Jamba Juice at least twice a week, even talked about one day buying into the franchise. Then all of the sudden, they all disappeared. No warning….depression set in.
We’ve tried a few other smoothie shops, but none of them seem to compare. For me, its hard to find a smoothie that’s mostly fruit, without added concentrate or sugars.
Luckily for me, the husband set out to come up with his own recipe for our favorite smoothie. And can I just tell you, I think its better than Jamba Juice!!!
Almond milk- low in cholesterol and sodium, lactose free, and a great source of protein and magnesium
Strawberries- rich in antioxidants, dietary fiber and vitamin C
He now makes them every morning, and I think it’s the perfect, refreshing way to start my day and just what I crave after my run.
Give this smoothie a try! Super easy, but oh so good. Thank you to my amazing hubby for perfecting the recipe!
Pineapple Berry Smoothie
Makes 1 smoothie
3/4 cup orange juice
½ cup almond milk
1/2 cup frozen pineapple
1 cup frozen strawberries or mixed berries
1/3 cup organic granola
In a blender, combine all ingredients, adding liquids first. Pulse until smooth, adding more milk or orange juice if necessary. Stir in granola. Enjoy!
RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
One Response to “Jamba Juice Withdrawals”
Leave a Reply
- Plugin by Blogsessive
- Lauren: Congratulations!:) I check your blog from time to time and I really enjoy it.
- Staci: By the way, these have become my staple for bringing to potlucks, they’re tasty and rich and I’ve...
- Christina: Wow! These sound so delicious. Gluten free is an added plus in my book. I am always looking for GF recipes...
- zephra milde: Does anyone think these could be made without egg whites? Maybe flaxseed eggs instead? Any other...
- Danielle: How to you “slice them” I am terrible at cutting them into thin slices. They are so tough to...