Quick & Simple Cucumber Salad
I am literally on the road as I write this (no, not driving and typing). So, so busy between packing for Washington… and now, heading to Orlando for a few days for work. Because of all this, we’ve still been eating leftovers from our Labor day party..and thrown together salads.
Feta-high in calcium, good source of protein, lower fat content and calories than most cheeses
Tomato-rich in the antioxidant lycopene, acts as a natural inflammatory, and excellent source of Vitamin K
Cucumber-rich in vitamin C, silica, potassium and magnesium
So- here’s just a quick recipe for a healthy, quick, and super simple cucumber salad. My Aunt, who shares my love for healthy eating recently gave me this recipe. Give it a try!
Hope you’re having a great week! I’ll be glad when this one is over What’s your favorite “thrown together” salad?
(recipe adapted from Aunt Debbie, makes 2 servings)
3-4 small cucumbers, chopped
1 tomato, diced or 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup feta cheese
2 tbsp red onion, diced
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
pinch of salt
Place all ingredients in a bowl and toss thoroughly to combine. Enjoy!
RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
2 Responses to “Quick & Simple Cucumber Salad”
Leave a Reply
- Plugin by Blogsessive
- Lauren: Congratulations!:) I check your blog from time to time and I really enjoy it.
- Staci: By the way, these have become my staple for bringing to potlucks, they’re tasty and rich and I’ve...
- Christina: Wow! These sound so delicious. Gluten free is an added plus in my book. I am always looking for GF recipes...
- zephra milde: Does anyone think these could be made without egg whites? Maybe flaxseed eggs instead? Any other...
- Danielle: How to you “slice them” I am terrible at cutting them into thin slices. They are so tough to...