I could live off of just avocados for the rest of my life. To me, they are the complete food. Creamy, utter decadence. I haven’t always liked avocados, but something about spending a week in Mexico for our wedding created this intense love for guacamole and all mexican food. Since then (and by then, I mean literally ordering guacamole for every meal while on our honeymoon) I have been working towards perfecting my guacamole recipe.
And for me, this is the ultimate. I’m not one for liking tomatoes in my guacamole, but lots of garlic is a must. Don’t let the fat content in avocados scare you away-they get a bad wrap, but they are a healthy superfood! I tell myself this as I add them to my omelets, wraps, and salads Its a great substitute on a sandwich for mayo too!
Avocado-promotes heart health, provides the body with healthy omega-3′s, good source of potassium, increases the absorption of carotenoids from vegetables, and has phytonutrients that combat oral cancer
So when planning the menu for our little Labor day get together, I knew guacamole was a must. It was a hit…and I totally quadrupled the recipe..oops
Make this guacamole. Avocado in your life will never be the same.
(makes 2 servings, but I eat it all)
2 avocados, mashed
1 garlic clove, diced (or roasted for even more creaminess)
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp lime juice
1 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 jalapeno, seeded & diced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1/4 cup cilantro
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and enjoy!
*Save one of the pits and leave in the bowl if you do not plan to eat right away, it will keep the guacamole from turning brown!
RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
2 Responses to “KILLER Guacamole.”
Leave a Reply
- Plugin by Blogsessive
- Lauren: Congratulations!:) I check your blog from time to time and I really enjoy it.
- Staci: By the way, these have become my staple for bringing to potlucks, they’re tasty and rich and I’ve...
- Christina: Wow! These sound so delicious. Gluten free is an added plus in my book. I am always looking for GF recipes...
- zephra milde: Does anyone think these could be made without egg whites? Maybe flaxseed eggs instead? Any other...
- Danielle: How to you “slice them” I am terrible at cutting them into thin slices. They are so tough to...