Even as far back as middle school, I have loved planning. My friends even deemed me “Planner Jo” in high school, as I was always the one to setup the plans and create girls nights. Still today, I love to plan a party. My mom and I even considered going into event planning for awhile since we love it so much..and it unfortunately runs in our veins.
So as I mentioned, last week, I planned and put together a retirement party for my dad. After 26 years with the postal service, he finally got to retire. The man deserved a good party. We decided to have it at one of our favorite restaurants in downtown St. Petersburg, and it ended up being the perfect location! Good food, great friends, and many laughs!
I thought I would share some of the images and details from the day with you…
Kyle and I put together a slideshow of him over the years…
Made place cards to look like letters
..and of course started off the night with some sangria
Gosh, I love this man…
..and the two of them even more
I opted for the Parkshore Salad, which we know is my absolute favorite.
…and Kyle the caesar salad.
We all wore “postal blue” in honor of USPS…(Kyle and I’s children will obviously have verrry small eyes)
For my entree, I opted for the Sauteed Chicken breast… made with Chardonnay, boursin cheese, and sun dried tomatoes. I ordered it with mashed potatoes rather than pasta- so it was definitely an indulgence meal. But hey, its a special occasion right? I ran 10 miles the next day anyways
Kyle, needed something more manly-so went for the Steak Frites
In addition to cake, we also had Turtle Cheesecake…yummmmmmm
Overall the party was a hit. My dad was so surprised and it was so great to be with family and friends. Congratulations Dad! I love you! Enjoy it!
2 Responses to “Planner “Jo””
Leave a Reply
- Plugin by Blogsessive
- Lauren: Congratulations!:) I check your blog from time to time and I really enjoy it.
- Staci: By the way, these have become my staple for bringing to potlucks, they’re tasty and rich and I’ve...
- Christina: Wow! These sound so delicious. Gluten free is an added plus in my book. I am always looking for GF recipes...
- zephra milde: Does anyone think these could be made without egg whites? Maybe flaxseed eggs instead? Any other...
- Danielle: How to you “slice them” I am terrible at cutting them into thin slices. They are so tough to...