Last weekend we had our good friends Jessica and Aaron over. Luckily for me, they are pretty laid back, so I didn’t stress over menu planning. We haven’t gotten to entertain in awhile, probably just because we have been so busy? Literally, I feel like we never slow down, but I LOVE to entertain.
Anyways, Jessica and Aaron are some amaaazing friends. She and I have been friends since kindergarten, and now even work for the same company. Her equally amazing fiance is Kyle’s workout partner, and I must admit, the two are quite nerdy when they get together.
They came over to primarly EAT, but Kyle also helped them set up their wedding website, which you can check out here. (Did you notice its in Jamaica?? I’m so stinkin excited!)
We started off with some freshly cut veggies, pita and black bean hummus..as well as both our favorite wines
I decided to make my parmesan crusted chicken for the main course, (Jessica mentioned it was one of her faves on the blog), and paired it with some creamy orzo. This time I added some sundried tomatoes and basil? Uhm, aaaamazing decision.
..threw together my roasted broccoli
and Jessica brought dessert! Pineapple & Rum Angel Food Cake! Not the healthiest thing on the menu, but its just angel food cake right? I’ll pretend the glaze didn’t contain any sugar It was scrumppptious.
I love entertaining, I really wish we could do it more often. Do you like to entertain?…or be entertained?
RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Leave a Reply
- Plugin by Blogsessive
- Lauren: Congratulations!:) I check your blog from time to time and I really enjoy it.
- Staci: By the way, these have become my staple for bringing to potlucks, they’re tasty and rich and I’ve...
- Christina: Wow! These sound so delicious. Gluten free is an added plus in my book. I am always looking for GF recipes...
- zephra milde: Does anyone think these could be made without egg whites? Maybe flaxseed eggs instead? Any other...
- Danielle: How to you “slice them” I am terrible at cutting them into thin slices. They are so tough to...